Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Things I've thrifted 2

"You sanctify whatever you are grateful for." (Anthony de Mello, SJ.)
I picked up these napkins earlier this year. Love the 70s colors and prints. I think they'll be perfect for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. We're hosting Ed's brother and sister-in-law from Kentucky along with their two kids (almost 4 and 1). I hope the cousins get along!
This year I'm so grateful that our family is complete and our kids are doing well (not sleeping the best, but otherwise doing well). It's been a bumpy few years, but I'm happy with our life. It's busy, but good.
Ed's brother brought cranberry-pear pie, homemade bread and wild rice stuffing. We're doing the turkey, brandied sweet potatoes (family recipe), mashed potatoes, cranberry orange relish, salad and pumpkin pie. Should be a feast. 
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday. Among the things I'm grateful for is the community I've found online. Happy Turkey Day!

No comments: