Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lent and Easter

"Our Lord has written the promise of the Resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time" (Martin Luther)

 

Lent kind of slipped past me this year. We left for China the day before Ash Wednesday and arrived home in the middle of Lent. The only lenten practice I had this year was to join our parish knitting ministry in creating a square for a blanket they're making for a local nursing home. I knit it during Holy Week.

I used this book (from my mom) to find the "Inverness Diamond" stitch pattern (Dec. 13 on the perpetual calendar). Details (in case I need to do another someday): CO 40 stitches; K 5 rows, K3, do pattern, K3. Do three repeats of 12-row pattern. K 5 rows. I used some worsted weight washable purple wool (darker than in this photo). The "square" was supposed to be 7 x 9 inches.
 Knitting-related Easter shots: Here's Sophie wearing the Easter sweater my mom knit some 40-plus years ago (for me and/or Amy). It's missing one bunny-tail pompon and is a bit "felted," but still fits a 1-year-old perfectly. Sam wore it last year, too. 

 
For more cute Easter pix of the kids and family, go to Dear Sam and Sophie.

1 comment:

Di said...

Cute cardigan! I love the fact that you wore it first!